Sunday 9 March 2014

Bowl-eree

We've had the first social with my friends who are going to the Japanese Jamboree.

On the 22nd of February we all went bowling! Beforehand everyone met up to discuss how we have got on with our fundraising and to gather more ideas. The goal of £3500 is gradually getting smaller!!

As we all expected, none of us were professional bowlers but we did manage to get the occasional strike. The aim of the social is to get everyone bonding and making friends throughout the group as we will have to live with them for 3 weeks. There will be many more socials to come as the time gets ever nearer to when we leave for Japan. Socials can range from a movie night at a scout hut or going out to bowling.


23rd World Scout Jamboree Wiltshire Unit Bowl-eree - Strike!!!

While we were bowling our leaders came round and showed us the Wiltshire Unit's badge for the jamboree. In it are tonnes of different symbolic patterns which mean different things to the Japanese, for more details click here

23rd World Scout Jamboree Wiltshire Unit badge

 Also, I would like to thank everyone who has been saving stamps for me as it helps with my fundraising, I already have my first kilo.  If you are going abroad this year,  please think about sending yourself (or me) a postcard as foreign stamps add to the value of the price paid per kilo.

Be prepared,

Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am really pleased that you have visited my blog and would love to read your comments.